Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Next New Media

New media is defined as “means of mass communication using digital technologies such as the Internet.” (Dictionary.com). I think the next form of new media will be related to virtual reality (vr). I think this new media will be similar to face time, but people can be with each other while not being in the same place. For example, instead of seeing each other in the same video chat, the vr will bring u to the same place. This will enable people far away to spend time together. Features like this can be seen in futuristic movies, but I think we are getting closer to make it a reality.

2 comments:

  1. Don't think VR is the future; I think we are leaning more towards AR. Also, I've actually already seen this concept, on campus at Baruch actually. A club here at Baruch put together a VR show in the NVC building last semester to video chat with people around the world, but the setting looked completely different to what you were really in. Look into that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Seth,

    I definitely agree with you and I think the future of new media will be moving towards virtual reality and augmented reality. I've have spoken to a few tech people and they too believe that we will enter another digital revolutions. Excited to see what is to come.

    ReplyDelete